MWG is recruiting for a UX / UI Designer to join our Product & Retail Design Team. This position will focus on envisioning and designing experiences for ecommerce customers using industry best-practice design methodologies. The role will include work with external clients and internal project stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have proven success in leading data-driven user experience and visual design in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. This position is based in our Winooski, VT headquarters office and reports directly to the Director of Product & Retail Design.
● With direction from the Director of Product & Retail Design, create high quality visual / UI design, primarily for retail and media-oriented web-based applications
● Collaborate with other MWG UX / UI Designers
● Keep up with latest trends related to visual / UI design and usability studies
● Work with product owners & development leads to ensure UX/UI design is aligned properly with technical capabilities / within scope of project efforts.
● Work with product management, business analysts, development, training and sales departments to gain an understanding MWG’s core products and forward-looking design.
● Meet with internal and external clients – both functional and technical -- to discuss projects and interpret the client's business needs.
● Be the voice of the customer in understanding their behavior and needs.
● Conduct stakeholder and user interviews
● Plan and conduct user research & testing
● Create user and behavior models, including personas and scenarios
● Conduct competitive and/or heuristic analysis
● Create sitemaps, wireframes and high fidelity designs
● Participate in design sessions / design sprints
● Conduct design reviews with stakeholders
● Bachelor's Degree in design or related field
● 2-4 years of industry experience
● Experience with Sketch app for wireframing and visual design
● Experience with Adobe CC suite
● Thorough understanding of responsive design principles / experience wireframing
responsive design sites and/or native mobile apps
● Strong understanding of design trends; future-oriented mindset
● Experience working directly with clients in a creative effort
● Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
● Self-motivated, organized, accountable, resourceful and goal-oriented
● Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail